Great faith endures great trials. Each day comes with it’s share of struggles and difficulties and every small victory becomes seed to grow our faith. Obstacles provide the soil for our faith to grow and faith is at its best when we are in the middle of trials.
1. MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO TRUST GOD COMPLETELY.
Give Him your old habits, attitudes, hangs-ups and ask God to show you His plan and purpose for your life. Realize once and for all that as a Christian, you cannot overcome the things that trouble you alone, by yourself, or without the Lord. The battle is the LORDS (2Chron 20:15), and apart from Jesus we can do nothing. (Jn 15: 5)
Definition OF trust: reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person. Confident expectation of something; hope.
- Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. Pro 3:6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Pro 16:2 All a man’s ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD.
- Pro 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
- Pro 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
- Psa 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.
- 1Pe 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Psa 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to depend on people.
- Psa 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to depend on human leaders.
2. KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON GOD.
Change your focus from the obstacles to the bigness of God .Do not be worried or anxious, but be courageous knowing that you are not alone. Problems tends to increase when we allow them to consume our thoughts, but they take flight when we lay them up against God‘s power.
- Heb. 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith….
- Psa 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
- Psa 121:2 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
- Psa 94:22 But the LORD has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.
- Micah 7:7 But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.
3. BE PERSISTENT IN PRAYER.
For those obstacles that render us helpless and overwhelms us we can know that battles are won on our knees. Many things come against us that are out of our control and we have no answer, but we need not panic. God is the God of comfort and patience. He does not leave us to fight life‘s battles alone. God uses our obstacles to teach us to lean on Him and when we trust Him we get to see HIS display of power on our behalf.
When obstacles block our path we do not lose heart or grow weary but we stand firm and trust God. Never hit the panic button. God understands our complexities and He will never allow us to be overcome by our trials. Fighting life’s battles on our knees assures us of victory every time.
- 1Th 5:17 pray without ceasing,
- Php 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Ps 141:1 O LORD, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you.
- Ps 141:2 May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
- Psa 118:5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free.
- Psa 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?