- Luk 4:16 And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And, as His custom was, He went in to the synagogue on the Sabbath day and stood up to read.
- Luk 4:17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And unrolling the book, He found the place where it was written,
- Luk 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,
- Luk 4:19 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
- Luk 4:20 And rolling up the book, returning it to the attendant, He sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fastened on Him.
- Luk 4:21 And He began to say to them, Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your ears.
Jesus had the burden-removing, yoke-destroying power of Almighty God all over Him.
When Peter was asked to preach the basic, gospel message to the gentiles for the very first time, the first thing he told them was….. “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and He went about doing good, and healing all those who were oppressed by the Devil, for God was with Him. Act 10:38
- The anointing is God’s presence by the Holy Spirit.
- The anointing on Jesus was by the Holy Spirit.
- The anointing we have received from Jesus is by the Holy Spirit.
1Jn 2:20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.
The Hebrew word “Messiah” and the Greek word “Christ” both mean “the Anointed.”
The anointing is God’s Spirit and power for service in this earth. Jesus has provided the same presence of the Holy Spirit for us in our earthly ministries that He had in His earthly ministry!
The word “Christ” is not just another name for Jesus, but a reference to the Anointed and the Anointing that was on Him and in Him. The same yoke-destroying Anointing that was on Jesus is available to you.
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.( KJV)
Notice that Paul didn’t say “who strengtheneth me” but “which strengtheneth me.” He was talking about the anointing. The same anointing that enabled you to be born again will heal your body, help you succeed in business, and empower you to prosper spirit, soul, body and in every aspect of your life.
The Holy Spirit is our Helper, our Guide, our Teacher, and more. He is the One who leads each person to the work they are called to do. And He also supplies the anointing, or power, to do it. So, it is in our best interest to seek and cultivate our own personal, intimate relationship with God first and foremost. Because it’s through a personal relationship with Him that He will, by His Holy Spirit, lead and guide each of us according to His purpose and plan for our lives. And He will anoint, or enable us, to do what He has called each of us to do with our lives.
The anointing within you is for guidance and protection. It teaches you what is from God and what is not.
1Jn 2:26 I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
1Jn 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.
The anointing within you protects you from deception, just as a virus software program protects your computer from malicious infections.
When corrupt teaching is presented the anointing within you goes off on the inside of you like an alarm. The anointing says, “Watch out, something is not right there!” When something is wrong you have an uneasy feeling on the inside. When something is right you should have a peaceful, velvety smooth feeling on the inside.
The anointing within helps you to know all things. The more sensitive a person becomes to the anointing within, the more success they will have in making the right decisions in life. We should use our brain and utilize the best of our mental abilities. However, the anointing resides within your spirit, not within your physical brain. Yes, the anointing of God certainly affects the brain which influences us to think godly thoughts. But some decisions we have to make in life go beyond the ability of one’s brain to solve. Who to marry? Where to work? The answer to these types of questions should be measured through the anointing that resides within us.
John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth,
2Co 1:21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,
2Co 1:22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
Protect your anointing. This means guard your heart!! Be particular and very selective about what you allow into your mind- what you place in front of your eyes and let flow into your ears, and who you keep company with. This may sound elementary, but what effects us, effects our anointing.
Seven Results of the Anointing
- The anointing consecrates you.
- The anointing honours you.
- The anointing enables you.
- The anointing gives you authority.
- The anointing destroys bondage.
- The anointing imparts truth of God’s Word.
- The anointing causes you to see and understand the ways of the Lord.
Pro 4:23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
Luke 6:45 , for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.